Hard-hitting, clear-headed reviews of cats. Also, cat-related news.

Friday, April 13, 2007

New Criteria and Fleas

Correspondent Gordon Reeder sent in a link to this story, which prompts me to add an extra two points to the score of any cat who knows how to ride a transit bus, preferably by itself. Ames-area cats are invited to click here, while Des Moines-based cats should click here. Cats living in or visiting the Twin Cities are invited to click here.

An Account of a Cat-Related Dream

Only two nights ago, in the very same cat-reviewing office in which I sit writing this update, I had a Dream. What was the Dream, you ask? It was this: I was surrounded by cats who, despite their cuteness, were entirely covered in fleas! They quickly became less covered as the fleas transferred from their feline bodies to my human one, and an orgy of scratching, slamming into walls, and slapping at grasshoppers, crickets, etc. ensued.

I say all this to let you know: if your cat has been the object of bug infestation, he or she may lose a fraction of a point to one entire point (depending on the cat's compliance with the offending bugs). If the infestation somehow enhances the cat's other qualities, however--if myriad ticks are making him or her woozy, and thus helping out with the Otherworldly Gazes, for example--you may just want to let it go for a few days.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot, Cat Review. Now every cat who doesn't ride the bus on its own will seem dim-witted. You're ruins all other cats for me forever.

That first bit was sarcastic, but this next bit is sincere.

A toast to the man who meets all my cat reviewing needs. I really needed help deciding which of my friends' cats was best. And now I have someone to do the dirty work for me.

--MAM

Anonymous said...

you have way way to much time on your hands kid.

Anonymous said...

*too

Dave said...

So ummm....

Maybe a few more reviews?